The Wild Buffoon
The Wild Buffoon

Friday, March 9, 2007

Detroit Shame

The city of Detroit's deficit climbs to $163 million. Wow, Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is doing a great job with the city. In the article it says the deficit resulted from "the inability to extract wage and benefit concessions from city employees"... I wonder if this encompasses Kwame's vacation expenses on his city-issued credit card, spa visits, and 10,000 bodyguards. Kwame, I hate to break it to you but you're not that important. There's a great article written a while back about how the entire city of Detroit was sold for scrap.

Here are some highlights from the article:
"There's little interest in the Detroit collectibles market right now, because virtually none of it is in mint condition"
"Detroiters can finally say goodbye to an eyesore that's blighted them for generations"
""I did them a favor," Ranneke said. "Believe me, Detroit's been around the block. I was willing to take it off their hands for six grand, but I caught a glimpse of that Ambassador Bridge and I said 'no way.' I am not Santa Claus.""

1 comment:

NickG said...

I love how when Kwame travels to other cities he always has like 10 body guards with him, like anyone outside Detroit knows who he is, I would be more worried drawing all that attention to myself.

Google